Sunday, May 19, 2013

Close Room 115's Door...Open Summer!

The children were so proud of their family portraits.  They talked about you as they painted.  They carefully selected paint for all family members.  They were so proud!  I knew you would be curious as to how we made them for you.  It all started with a blank canvas, some shapes and some very happy and deeply loved hearts!


They were also proud of the puppets they made that resembled themselves.  Puppets are excellent ways to encourage story telling.  Story telling leads to writing.  Writing leads to better readers.  Learning can be such a fun, fun cycle. Find time this summer to have puppet shows.


Our poetry journals are finished for the year.  We will not be using them this week.  Keep them at home and enjoy reading them this summer.

I will send home all supplies on Wednesday.  No need for back packs on Thursday.  I will provide all supplies for Thursday.  Look for the report card on Thursday at 3:10.

Nancy's Italian Ice will be on Monday for $1.00.

Please return library books as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your attendance last Thursday.  It was such a special day!  What a great future for our country when you look at the character of Room 115!  I didn't take many pictures from last Thursday but mental pictures and memories are always better.

Thank you for the many, many teacher appreciation surprises.  You are very kind and generous. I'm trying to write thank you notes so look for them in the mail in the next week.  The scrapbook is a treasured book.  Thank you so much for spending time out of your busy day to help your child complete a page for me.  The children have enjoyed looking at the book that has been nicknamed "The Book of the Year!"

Now comes the hardest part to write.  Thank you so much for trusting me with your child. Your child makes up a piece of my heart.  Thursday afternoon will be very difficult as I watch pieces of my heart walk out the door.  180 days goes by quickly.  I appreciate your support and sharing your greatest treasure with me.  First grade looks like  lots of fun so keep in touch.  I will be more than happy to answer any educational questions you may have in the future.  I will even be happy to help you look for your lost dog in the middle of the night. My greatest advice is to read every day with your child. Fancy toys, electronics, new clothes and big vacations are nice.  But the most important thing to your child is just spending time with him/her.  Have a wonderful summer and thank you for helping to make Room 115 "the happiest place on earth!" 

To quote Room 115's poem from last week (in the style of Prince Redcloud"

Close Room 115's door.
Open Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment