A three day week, including a field trip, coming off an 18 day break means for an incredibly short week. We squeezed a lot in those three days but I prefer the normal pace of a five day week. The children had so much to tell me about their holidays and the 18 days we had been apart. Several of the students wanted to share their writings with the entire class.
This Tuesday and Wednesday the PTA is hosting "Mornings With Mom." Mom can come (or another adult if mom is unavailable) to have a special breakfast treat with her Blount student before school. Tuesday, January 14 is for last names A-L from 7:15-8:00. Wednesday, January 15 is for last names M-Z from 7:15-8:00.
Monday is Italian Ice for $1.00. Please return poetry journals on Monday and look for a new poem on Friday.
Please send in one adult sized shoebox for us to turn into a Valentine's Day mailbox. The ones with a removable lid work the best but I realize shoe manufacturers like to produce boxes with a lid attached. If you have an extra box, please send that in too. You can send in a shoebox any day this week.
I sent several book orders home last Friday. Book orders are optional. You may order online using our class code of GL88R or send the order form/payment to school. Book orders are due Thursday, January 16. Turn around time for book orders is usually one week.
Everyone took at least one AR test last week. The children were very excited to get started. To protect instructional time, I do not send home correspondence about the result of the AR test taken. I expect you to sign up for email notification from Renaissance Home Connect. If you have questions about this process, please contact me.
I will have a volunteer this Friday to help the students become comfortable typing in the user name and password. I expect every student to take at least ONE AR test a week. If your child is motivated to take more than one test a week, I do allow testing before school, during snack time and any other times in the day where I have a few minutes of down time.
We worked very hard on reading last week but we didn't have our usual five days. Please listen to your child read the booklet from last Friday's binder about Rin the Rat. A common error is for ran to be read as "run." If your child is making this error, please remind your child that good readers have to look at the all the letters in a word when reading.
This week in reading we will be working with Dd and Kk. The high frequency words are: see, look.
In math, we are focusing on the number 10. There will be math homework in binders every night this week. We had fun playing a class game of numbers up to ten. I love the concentration seen in some of these photos.
Thanks to the parents that helped out with the Goodnight Moon field trip to ASF. ASF is pretty strict with no photos so there isn't much documentation. ASF successfully took a two minute book and turned it into a one hour musical. I could relate to the play because sometimes bedtime rituals at my house seem like there should be a unicyclist, roller skates and dollhouses that spew out glitter.
Contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. Thanks for supporting our class.
1.14 Report cards are issued
1.20 No school in observance of King/Lee birthdays
1.31 Room 114's Superpower Crafternoon
2.3 Stephen Fite concert: dress up as a superhero (yellow t-shirt must be visible)
2.3 100th Day of School (new date due to lost weather days)




































No comments:
Post a Comment