Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Beginning of the End

Ooops!  I forgot my camera at school so no photos in this entry.  I know the photos are your favorite part and I'm very sorry.  So I thought as we begin the final grading period of Kindergarten, I would share a photo from the first month of school and you can see the physical changes. I see them, do you?   I wish time would move at a snail's pace for the remainder of the year.  I'm not very good at endings.

Please tell any neighbors/friends with children entering Kindergarten for the 2014-15 school year that the Kindergarten Open House at Blount is Monday, March 18 at 5:00 pm. 

Send money envelopes and waivers for Jump Rope for Heart in on Tuesday.  If you received donations on-line, you will need to print out a donation report to include in your money envelope.  Go to your child's donation page, click on the HQ tab.  There will be a turquoise tab in the middle of the page labeled "view/print my donation report."  Print out the report and insert in the money envelope.    Send in money on Tuesday and the official day for Jump Rope for Heart will be on Wednesday.

Monday is Nancy's Italian Ice for $1.00.  Return library books and poetry journals on Monday.

Don't forget that yearbooks are on sale.  Also, you can place an advertisement/message in the yearbook.  The PTA has a Mixed Bag fundraiser going on at the moment.  Thank you for supporting our school.

In reading, we will be working with the letter Ee.  We will learn both the short and long sound of Ee.  Our high frequency words are:  here, go, from.  There will be a new reading information sheet in binders on Monday.  There will also be a new reading log.

In math, we will be working with numbers 11-20.  We are also strengthening our our addition and subtraction skills to know them fluently.

Thursday is spring picture day.  The children may dress out of uniform but no sandals, spaghetti straps, tank tops, etc....


Thanks for a wonderful Crafternoon!  The children had a wonderful time.  Thanks to the parents who came to help in the classroom and thanks to the families that supported the Crafternoon by supplying snacks/supplies.  Room 114 is well loved. I will try to update the blog  early in the week with photos from the Crafternoon. 

Don't forget to send $5.00 for a very special end of the year secret for the families of Room 114.  Please send it in by Thursday.  This is was NOT included in the Kindergarten expenses from the beginning of the school year. 

Report cards will be issued on Thursday at 3:10.

Have a wonderful Spring Break!  Enjoy the freedom that comes to families when there is no school schedule. School returns on Monday, March 31!

Contact me with any questions or concerns

Upcoming events:
3.18  Turn in money for Jump Rope for Heart 3.19 Jump Rope for Heart during our specialist time
3.20  Spring picture day - may dress out of uniform.
3.20 report cards issued
3.24-3.28  Spring Break
4.18:  School in session due to weather make up day / Room 114's Spring Egg Hunt
5.23:  Kindergarten Program followed by a Room 114 Celebration @ 9:00  

No comments:

Post a Comment