The most important thing for this week is the dress code for Friday:
Dress your child in the yellow field trip t-shirt and khaki bottoms (pants, shorts or skorts.)
This is it! The week of the big show! You are going to enjoy it and be so proud! We had perfect attendance on Friday and a practice for the big show. I was standing off to the side just watching Room 114 and I started to tear up. I'm guessing there might be a few tears from a few moms this Friday.
If you are the kind of the parent that wants the best seat the following information will be helpful. If you are facing the stage our class will the second class on the left standing on the risers. Don't hold me to this, but if I were you, I would try and get a seat in the middle or on the right side of the lunchroom (if you are facing the stage.)
After the Kindergarten Celebration, we will return to the stage as a class for group photos. Then we will leave the lunchroom and return to Room 114 where the celebration will continue. If you are planning to attend the celebration in Room 114, please write Room 114 a short note (please print it so that we can read it) letting us know how many people are coming. We are going to keep track of the number of people attending the Room 114 program so that we have enough seats and food. Please do this by Wednesday morning.
Mr. Matt, the Pike Road librarian, came to our class and read a couple of stories last week. In Friday's binder, I sent home the summer schedule of events for the Pike Road library. I encourage you to participate and visit the Pike Road library often this summer. Even if you have a large home library for your child, there is something special and magical about a library book. This is the library that I frequent with my children and my girls participate in the summer reading program.
This week, I will be assessing for report cards. The children can still take AR tests, either from books in the classroom or books from home.
We will have Nancy's Italian Ice on Monday for $1.00. We will also have Italian Ice on Tuesday, May 27, since there is no school on the 26 in observance of Memorial Day. The last day of school will be Thursday, May 29.
Thank you for sweet surprises for Teacher Appreciation Week. I'm overwhelmed by your generosity and kind words. I have to share this card from last Thursday. Do you notice the reference to Yes Day? I heard from several of you that your child came home requesting a Yes Day! I gave you a heads up that the book resonates with children!
I don't have many photos this week but that is because the photos I took last week show too many secrets that would ruin Friday for you. So there will be several special slideshows in next week's entry.
See you Friday! Thank you for loving Room 114! You are appreciated more than you will ever know!
Remember there is no school on Monday in observance of Memorial Day. The last day of school will be Thursday, May 29.
Dress your child in the yellow field trip t-shirt and khaki bottoms (pants, shorts or skorts.)
This is it! The week of the big show! You are going to enjoy it and be so proud! We had perfect attendance on Friday and a practice for the big show. I was standing off to the side just watching Room 114 and I started to tear up. I'm guessing there might be a few tears from a few moms this Friday.
If you are the kind of the parent that wants the best seat the following information will be helpful. If you are facing the stage our class will the second class on the left standing on the risers. Don't hold me to this, but if I were you, I would try and get a seat in the middle or on the right side of the lunchroom (if you are facing the stage.)
After the Kindergarten Celebration, we will return to the stage as a class for group photos. Then we will leave the lunchroom and return to Room 114 where the celebration will continue. If you are planning to attend the celebration in Room 114, please write Room 114 a short note (please print it so that we can read it) letting us know how many people are coming. We are going to keep track of the number of people attending the Room 114 program so that we have enough seats and food. Please do this by Wednesday morning.
The children will have a small presentation for you. If you are in a hurry and need to return to work, I can allow your child to go first. Please let me know if this situation applies to you so that I can be prepared for you to leave early. Our program should be over by 10:45 so I would think you should be able to return to work by 11:00. Please let me know in advance if you cannot stay for the entire program in Room 114.
Mr. Matt, the Pike Road librarian, came to our class and read a couple of stories last week. In Friday's binder, I sent home the summer schedule of events for the Pike Road library. I encourage you to participate and visit the Pike Road library often this summer. Even if you have a large home library for your child, there is something special and magical about a library book. This is the library that I frequent with my children and my girls participate in the summer reading program.
This week, I will be assessing for report cards. The children can still take AR tests, either from books in the classroom or books from home.
We will have Nancy's Italian Ice on Monday for $1.00. We will also have Italian Ice on Tuesday, May 27, since there is no school on the 26 in observance of Memorial Day. The last day of school will be Thursday, May 29.
Thank you for sweet surprises for Teacher Appreciation Week. I'm overwhelmed by your generosity and kind words. I have to share this card from last Thursday. Do you notice the reference to Yes Day? I heard from several of you that your child came home requesting a Yes Day! I gave you a heads up that the book resonates with children!
I don't have many photos this week but that is because the photos I took last week show too many secrets that would ruin Friday for you. So there will be several special slideshows in next week's entry.
See you Friday! Thank you for loving Room 114! You are appreciated more than you will ever know!
Remember there is no school on Monday in observance of Memorial Day. The last day of school will be Thursday, May 29.
No comments:
Post a Comment