This will be a very busy week. Your child will need to wear the yellow field trip t-shirt on Tuesday and Thursday of this week. Tuesday the t-shirt will be worn as we go to the zoo. The t-shirt will be worn on Thursday as we participate at field day. That t-shirt is a safety measure for me to keep track of everyone quickly and safely. Jeans or jean shorts can be worn with the field trip t-shirt.
We used last week's poem to work on the tone of our voices as we read. I hope the poem was recited at your house this weekend. The poem was also an opportunity to discuss the meaning of words. There is a huge difference between the end result in pumpkin seeds and birdseed. Return poetry journals on Monday and look for a new poem in this Friday's back pack.
Classroom need: Please save and send to school empty toilet tissue rolls. We need 60 by next Monday.
We have begun to prepare for Tuesday's field trip to the zoo. We learned that baby zebras have brown stripes that turn black as they grow older. We will learn many more animal facts this upcoming week. Lunch is included in the field trip to the zoo. Please apply sunscreen before coming to school. Don't forget to send a snack that can be eaten once we get back to school. Your child does NOT need to bring spending money for the zoo. Click here for more photos of our zebras.
I need a volunteer to send in a 16 oz water bottle for each child (total of 21) for field day. Let me know if you can help to keep Room 114 hydrated.
If you volunteered to help me with field day, I will be sending you an email on Tuesday with details.
We will be investigating the letter Uu this week in reading. Our high frequency words are: next, yes.
We are learning about biographies. I am reading to the students the biography of Helen Keller. I showed them a book written in braille. It is safe to say that it was a very popular book last week. Reading a biography will lead to Room 114 writing biographies of our friends. Click here for more photos of our attempt to read braille.
In math, we continue to work with 3D shapes and count edges, faces, bases, and vertices. The April calendar pages will come home on Thursday.
I will be absent on Wednesday. I'm attending the fifth grade field trip. I've secured an excellent sub.
We are practicing hard for the Kindergarten's Big Show on Monday,May 18 at 9:00. I am excited for you to see the product of our hard work. After the Kindergarten program, we will return to our classroom and continue to celebrate the learning of Room 114. You should be able to return to work by 11:00. Contact me with any questions or concerns.
Classroom need: Please save and send to school empty toilet tissue rolls. We need 60 by next Monday.
We have begun to prepare for Tuesday's field trip to the zoo. We learned that baby zebras have brown stripes that turn black as they grow older. We will learn many more animal facts this upcoming week. Lunch is included in the field trip to the zoo. Please apply sunscreen before coming to school. Don't forget to send a snack that can be eaten once we get back to school. Your child does NOT need to bring spending money for the zoo. Click here for more photos of our zebras.
I need a volunteer to send in a 16 oz water bottle for each child (total of 21) for field day. Let me know if you can help to keep Room 114 hydrated.
If you volunteered to help me with field day, I will be sending you an email on Tuesday with details.
We will be investigating the letter Uu this week in reading. Our high frequency words are: next, yes.
We are learning about biographies. I am reading to the students the biography of Helen Keller. I showed them a book written in braille. It is safe to say that it was a very popular book last week. Reading a biography will lead to Room 114 writing biographies of our friends. Click here for more photos of our attempt to read braille.
In math, we continue to work with 3D shapes and count edges, faces, bases, and vertices. The April calendar pages will come home on Thursday.
I will be absent on Wednesday. I'm attending the fifth grade field trip. I've secured an excellent sub.
We are practicing hard for the Kindergarten's Big Show on Monday,May 18 at 9:00. I am excited for you to see the product of our hard work. After the Kindergarten program, we will return to our classroom and continue to celebrate the learning of Room 114. You should be able to return to work by 11:00. Contact me with any questions or concerns.
Upcoming Dates:
4.28 Kindergarten field trip to the zoo- wear yellow field trip t-shirt
4.30 Field Day - weary yellow field trip t-shirt
5.18: Kindergarten End of the Year Program at 9:00
No comments:
Post a Comment