We are keeping track of the number of days we've been in Kindergarten. Last Friday was the tenth day of school and we received a letter from Zero the Hero. Zero the Hero wrote that he will be visiting our classroom every ten days. We were excited to find a special treat from Zero the Hero. We love to count our way through school.
Tuesday is our day to visit the library. Last week we were able to bring a book home. Please keep this book home to read and reread and reread during the week. This week the library will be closed due to school-wide testing. Please return library books on Tuesday, August 31.
Our class will be tested on Tuesday using DIBELS. I will explain DIBELS at our small group meeting on Thursday. I will not be administering the test to the children but I will be in the room with them. There is nothing to do to prepare your child for this test.
In reading this week, we will be investigating "Ee" as in eel on wheels. The sight words for the week are: orange, two, purple, green. Remember sight words need to be recognized immediately upon sight.
We continue to discuss shapes, color and size in math. We will also be graphing this week.
Please note that I do not have extra snacks/juice in the classroom. If you choose not to purchase or send a snack from home, then your child will not have a snack for that day. You may purchase snack/juice for the entire week on Mondays only. Orange juice is sold for $2.50 for the week. Popcorn, peanut butter crackers, Cheddar Sun Chips or Garden Salsa Sun Chips are sold for $2.50 for the entire week. All money needs to be labeled in separate envelopes.
Due to a new computer program there has been a mix up with lunch numbers. Half of our class has a lunch number and the other half does not. I'm waiting to pass out lunch numbers until the entire class has a lunch number. Please do not be concerned about your child's lunch number.
We are still learning the procedures of the lunchroom but you are invited to join us for lunch. Our lunch time is 10:50-11:15. You do not need to make reservations. Please sign in at the office and wait for our class to pass by. Note: Due to testing this week, I will have seven extra students for lunch on Monday and Wednesday of this week. Please do not come Monday and Wednesday of this week only. Thanks for your cooperation.
I will be sending home a reminder about Thursday's small group meeting. If you need to switch your time, please let me know. I look forward to talking to you about Room 115.
Did you read the poem Four Seasons? I'm ready for the cool weather of fall. Please return the poetry notebook every Monday. Look for a new poem on Friday.
We will begin going to computers on August 30. If you have not done so, please purchase a set of headphones before that date.
The classroom has a need for Band-Aids. Thank you for supporting our classroom.
I had a family emergency this weekend. I am unable to upload photos from the classroom this weekend. Thank you for understanding. I will try and upload photos during the week so you can experience our classroom.
Email me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment