Sunday, November 28, 2010

All I do is read, read, read...no matter what...I got books on my mind...can't ever get enough!




We had a fabulous time reading the books brought in to celebrate American Education Week.  We loved them all!!!  Books are definitely a favorite in Room 115.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I'm excited for the children to take out their journals and write about their break.  There will be a lot to share tomorrow.

PLEASE continue to send in empty toilet tissue/paper towel rolls.  We will be making a Christmas Secret next week and toilet tissue rolls are still in demand.  

This week we will be investigating the letter "Ii" as in "insect in the ink."  The word wall words are:  when, want, soon, get. 

Note: I'm flip flopping the reading schedule for the month of December.   Next week we will be studying the letter Jj instead of the week of December 13.  December 13 is now a review week. 

In math we are counting, making sets, patterning and understanding graphs.  Our November calendar pages will come home on Tuesday.  Please look over the calendar pages with your child.  You will see a monthly calendar, a weather graph, an odd/even page, writing the date and adding the date.  In December we will be adding money to our calendar notebook.

Our poem this week is about getting together.  Please be on the look out for our poetry journal on Fridays.  We had fun reading "The Wishbone" and pretending to pull one.  Poetry journals need to be returned on Mondays.

I will send home an optional book order on Tuesday.  Book orders are due on Monday, December 7.  The book order will be back in time before the holidays.  Please let me know if your book order is a Christmas Secret and I will make arrangements for delivery when it comes in.  If you choose to order on-line, our activation code is GL88R.

Upcoming dates:  Tuesday, December 15 is word wall assessment for Room 115 (first and second nine weeks' words will be assessed)
Thursday, December 17:  Classroom Christmas Party
Friday, December 18:  The Kindergarten students will wear pajamas to school and watch Polar Express.

Be sure to scroll down and see pictures of pilgrims and Native Americans and our future careers.  Please let me know of any questions or concerns you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment