Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Not only is this the most wonderful time of the year but it is also the busiest time in Room 115.  We are working hard to get the room decorated for our party on Thursday, December 16.  Look for more information to come home this week about our class party.  Parents are invited to attend the party.


Originally this week was to be a review week but I'm changing things up a bit.  This week we will be studying the letter Jj as in "jellybean in the jar."  The word wall words are:  with, for, then, some.  I will be assessing the students on word wall words for the first semester next Wednesday, December 15.  The words from this week will NOT be assessed until the third nine weeks.  Next week will be a review week.


Our class is scheduled for DIBELS testing this Tuesday.  There is nothing you need to do to prepare your child for this test other than make sure he/she is in attendance.  There will be no reading homework on Tuesday.


In math, we are beginning to learn about money!  We will begin with naming the coins and knowing their values.  We continue to work on number concepts up to ten.  


We had plenty of questions this week when a student brought in a wishbone from his Thanksgiving feast.  It was just like our poem.  We were so excited to hear who got the bigger half!  Our poem last week was easily to put to music and was the perfect opportunity to pull out the musical instruments.  We are quite the performers!  This week's poem involves candy so it is sure to be hit with this crowd.  Please make sure poetry notebooks are returned to school every Monday.


There will be no organized library class on Tuesday due to DIBELS testing.  I will allow your child to check out a new book when his/her library book is returned to school any day this week. 

Thank you for saving toilet tissue rolls. I have enough for our Christmas Secret.  This Friday, the children will rotate to all the Kindergarten classrooms to enjoy a day of activities in preparation of Christmas.  

I do take the children outside every day unless it is raining so please make sure coats/jackets are sent to school.  All coats and sweaters should be labeled with your child's name so we can quickly locate owners!  


I will be placing a book order on Monday.  Books will arrive before our holiday break.  Let me know if your order is a Christmas Secret and I will get it to you without your child knowing.


The Santa Store is this week.  The children may bring money and do some of their Christmas shopping.  Look for the items your child purchases in book bags the same day you send money to school.  

Email me with any questions or concerns you may have.  Have a great week!!!   I hope to see you at our party next week.  Put it on your calendar!  We are preparing for your visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment