Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!  I am so excited to see the children and hear about their break.  Remember this is a short week, so if you are purchasing snack/juice, please send $2.00 per item.

Class photo day is Thursday.  I will send home information about purchasing a class photo on Tuesday.  Children are required to be in uniform on Thursday for class photo day.

This week we will be learning about "Nn" as in nurse in the night.  The word wall words are:  is, him, have, out, then.  There is a bright orange sheet in Tuesday's binder about reading information for the 3rd nine weeks. 

There will be no reading homework until Thursday.

Be sure to check out the slide show above documenting how we celebrated the end of napping in Kindergarten.  The next few weeks will be a bit of adjustment for all of us.  I predict you are going to have a very tired child coming home from school.  The time we are gaining from nap time will be used to extend math instruction and dig deeper into becoming a classroom of writers.  

I always used nap time to answer emails, please be patient with my new response time.  If you have not received a response from me within twelve hours, please resend your original email.

We will begin  Accelerated Reader this month.  I will model "AR" for the next two weeks with the children.  I am in need of a parent volunteer to come into the classroom one day a week to assist the children in taking AR tests on the computer.  There is no computer experience  necessary for this.  Your job will be to help a child type in a password and read the questions of the test to the child.  I will send home detailed information about AR in the middle of January.  Email me if you are interested in helping the children do AR.

In math, we will be discussing graphs, beginning to put sets together to make a larger number, and introducing coins/learning their names.

Heads up:  the 100th day of school is Tuesday, January 25.  We will be doing everything the 100 way all day long.  One of the things we will be doing is dressing up as one hundred year old ladies and gentlemen.  Start thinking of ways to dress your child to celebrate the 100th day of school.  I will send more information as the day gets closer. 

Poetry journals will come home on Friday!

Email me with any questions or concerns you may have!  Thanks for sharing your treasure with me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment