As we said hello to October, we added a lot of important dates to the calendar. In October, we will be celebrating two birthdays, a field trip, the Fall Festival and preparing for Halloween. Throw in report cards and that is a very busy time for our classroom.
Check out the personalities that come out when we dress out of uniform:
This is a review week for introduced alphabet letters and sight words. I will be assessing sight words beginning on Wednesday. I will send you an email by Thursday evening letting you know the word wall words your child missed.
In math, we will be spending time comparing the numbers of zero to five. Check your child's binder from last Friday for the five frame board I sent home for you to practice at home.
Poetry notebooks will come home on Thursday of this week and need to be returned on Monday, October 17. The children get so excited when they find word wall words around the classroom and in books. Thanks for taking the time to read the poetry journal with your child.
October 13 is the last opportunity to purchase Fall Festival Tickets before the price increase. It is a very enjoyable evening and a favorite of the children. Please consider spending the evening supporting our school. If you can, please send in a bag of individually wrapped candy that the PTA can use at the festival.
A PTA membership form went home in Friday's binder for families to join. We continue to get memberships which makes us closer to getting 100% for our classroom.
This is a short week if ordering juice and snack, please send in $2.00 per item.
Please save the following items for our classroom: toilet tissue or paper towel rolls, empty cool whip containers and empty egg cartons.
I will be out of the classroom on Friday. I've secured a wonderful substitute so the learning will continue despite my absence.
I was reading an article about Steve Jobs over the weekend. It mentioned how he limited television with his children. When you look at Job's creativity and his ability to think outside the box and the impact he left on the way we lead our lives today, it really shows the importance of teaching/modeling for our children to be creative thinkers. I encourage you to limit screen time (of any sort) at your house. I know from observing your children that they are wonderful at building, writing, dramatizing and using that imagination. (My editorial is finished...)
Upcoming important dates:
October 11: Spirit Night at Jason's Deli
October 12: Word Wall Word Assessment
October 13: Final day for early bird prices for Fall Festival Tickets
October 18: Spirit Night at Burger King (Chantilly Pkwy)
October 20: Blount Fall Festival at Thompson Park 4:30-7:30
October 26: Spirit Night at Nancy's Italian Ice
November 1: Deadline for Just Give Campaign
Contact me with any questions or concerns.
Check out the personalities that come out when we dress out of uniform:
This is a review week for introduced alphabet letters and sight words. I will be assessing sight words beginning on Wednesday. I will send you an email by Thursday evening letting you know the word wall words your child missed.
In math, we will be spending time comparing the numbers of zero to five. Check your child's binder from last Friday for the five frame board I sent home for you to practice at home.
Poetry notebooks will come home on Thursday of this week and need to be returned on Monday, October 17. The children get so excited when they find word wall words around the classroom and in books. Thanks for taking the time to read the poetry journal with your child.
October 13 is the last opportunity to purchase Fall Festival Tickets before the price increase. It is a very enjoyable evening and a favorite of the children. Please consider spending the evening supporting our school. If you can, please send in a bag of individually wrapped candy that the PTA can use at the festival.
A PTA membership form went home in Friday's binder for families to join. We continue to get memberships which makes us closer to getting 100% for our classroom.
This is a short week if ordering juice and snack, please send in $2.00 per item.
Please save the following items for our classroom: toilet tissue or paper towel rolls, empty cool whip containers and empty egg cartons.
I will be out of the classroom on Friday. I've secured a wonderful substitute so the learning will continue despite my absence.
I was reading an article about Steve Jobs over the weekend. It mentioned how he limited television with his children. When you look at Job's creativity and his ability to think outside the box and the impact he left on the way we lead our lives today, it really shows the importance of teaching/modeling for our children to be creative thinkers. I encourage you to limit screen time (of any sort) at your house. I know from observing your children that they are wonderful at building, writing, dramatizing and using that imagination. (My editorial is finished...)
Upcoming important dates:
October 11: Spirit Night at Jason's Deli
October 12: Word Wall Word Assessment
October 13: Final day for early bird prices for Fall Festival Tickets
October 18: Spirit Night at Burger King (Chantilly Pkwy)
October 20: Blount Fall Festival at Thompson Park 4:30-7:30
October 26: Spirit Night at Nancy's Italian Ice
November 1: Deadline for Just Give Campaign
Contact me with any questions or concerns.

No comments:
Post a Comment