Monday, November 28, 2011

Becoming Life Long Readers

One of my goals for Room 115 is to develop a love of reading in your child.  Books have a very valued place in our classroom.  It was so fun to see the children bring their favorite books to school to share with the class.  I hope as you do your Christmas shopping that there is at least one book under your tree.  One of the favorite books at my house is Tickle Monster by Josie Bissett. http://www.amazon.com/Tickle-Monster-Josie-Bissett/dp/1932319670/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322542807&sr=8-2 (Rarely will I  recommend a book written by a Hollywood actress; but there is something to be said about keeping an open mind!)  At my house, we all climb into the bed.  I read the story, my husband does the tickling and my girls fill the room with priceless laughter.  Go ahead and splurge on the mitts because it makes the story that much more fun!  Tickle Monster is requested every night at bedtime in the McDevitt household.

Enjoy the favorite titles of Room 115.!

No comments:

Post a Comment