Sunday, November 27, 2011

Goodbye November and Hello December

Slow down!!!! Time is moving way too quickly.  Our November calendar pages will come home on Thursday.  There will be a note attached to calendar pages for you to know the learning taking place with our calendar notebook.

I accidentally left my camera at school during the break so I am unable to upload slideshows from our very busy week of school.  I will try and upload pictures on Monday night so you can see how we dressed up for career day, our picnic lunch in the hallway during the tornado warning, our afternoon of Thanksgiving crafts and of course our days as pilgrims and Native Americans.

This week, we will be investigating the letter Dd as in dog on a doghouse.  The word wall words will be: we, she, ten, funny, The/the, as

In math, we will be comparing numbers to ten.

There will be no reading homework on Monday night.

Monday is Italian Ice day for $1.00 and library day.

Check back packs on Thursday for our poetry notebooks. It is a song this week and very appropriate for a return to Room 115 after a restful break!

A book order will come home on Monday.  Book orders and payment are due on Thursday.  Our on-line code is GL88R.  Book orders are optional.

Be on the lookout from the room mothers about information on our upcoming class party on Thursday, December 15.  We would love to celebrate December with you so I hope you can attend.

I will be out of the classroom on Friday.  I have secured an excellent substitute. 

Upcoming events:
Wednesday, November 30:  Spirit Night at Nancy's Italian Ice
Thursday, December 1:  book orders due
Wednesday, December 7:  Spirit Night:  Applebees
Tuesday, December 13:  Spirit Night at Jason's Deli
Thursday, December 15:  Holiday party
Friday, December 16:  Kindergarten wears pajamas to school to watch Polar Express
Monday, December 19-Tuesday, January 3:  Winter Holiday Break
Wednesday, January 4: Students return

Contact me with any questions or concerns you  have.

No comments:

Post a Comment