Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!!!

The big news from last week was the letter X was missing from our wall alphabet chart.  We looked in the room and theories floated around about what happened.  A problem solver in the class even drew a picture to act as substitute wall card until we found the original.  On Friday, we followed some clues and located a treasure chest.  Once opened....viola...we found our missing wall card and cookies shaped in the letter X.  We decorated the cookies as we celebrated our investigations of all twenty-six letters of the alphabet.  For the rest of the school year, we will be reviewing letters/sounds/word wall words.  This week we are investigating the short and long sounds of the vowels.


On Monday, I'm sending home a sheet of paper that needs to be turned in on Tuesday.  The information that needs to be filled out is needed to start on a very special project.  The letter is bright yellow and can be found in the return to school section of the binder.  This is for our end of the year secret that will be unveiled on June 1 during the Room 115 celebration.  If you have not done so, please send in $5.00 to offset the cost of materials for the end of the year secret.

Monday is Nancy's Italian Ice for $1.00.

May 18 is the last day for library books.  Read them and return them and get a new book before this Friday.

Poetry Journals did NOT make it into book bags on Friday so look for them on the 18.

Did you check Friday's binder for your final Mother's Day surprise? The children have been busy for several weeks working on all of your secrets.  Please know how much they enjoyed making secrets for you.  Be sure to ask your child how the painted flowers were made on the vases.


Thank you so much for the lovely surprises, sweet treats and cards of appreciation for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I can't imagine there is a teacher in the United States that had more surprises than me.  When I was in college, a professor taught me to every day  ask myself "What did you do today as a teacher that was really great and worked?"  Then he told me to ask "What did you do today as a teacher that needs to be improved?"  Every single school day since my first day in the classroom, I've reflected on those questions.  Please know that I've had sleepless nights where I thought about each member of Room 115 and came up with a plan of action to further your child's Kindergarten learning.  Your children are part of my heart and I do not look forward to June 8.  I am very humbled by the outpouring of support you gave me last week and the entire school year. Please know that I appreciate your generosity.





No comments:

Post a Comment