Monday, May 28, 2012

It Is Almost Here....


Our hard work is about to pay off.  The Kindergarten Celebration is this Friday at 9:00.  Immediately after the Kindergarten Celebration will be a Celebration of Room 115.  As you can see by our tally chart, we are up to 67 people in our classroom (now 21 of those people are always in room Room 115!).  That number will still grow because we have not heard from every family yet.  If you are planning on staying for the Celebration of Room 115, please write a short note to the class so that we can be prepared for you.  We have several surprises for you and the child's drawing in the slide show is a teaser.  Our classroom celebration will be a very sweet time and I'm sure there will be a few tears that will fall from parents.

Please dress your child on Friday in the yellow field trip t-shirt with a khaki bottom:  shorts, skort,  or pants.  If your child does not have any sentimental attachment to the yellow t-shirt, I will be happy to take it off your hands next week for those days next year when an emergency yellow t-shirt is needed.

I can't tell you the perfect place to sit to get the best seat for the Celebration in the lunchroom but I can give you some details.  If you are facing the stage, our class will be standing on the far right. After the program, each child will walk across the stage to shake Mrs. Green's hand and receive a certificate.  The hand shake photo opportunity will take place on the right hand of the stage.  Our class is the first class to be presented to Mrs. Green.  The children will walk to the library and stay there until every class has received a certificate.  Then we will return to the stage for a class photo opportunity.  Our class will be the last class brought up on the stage for the photograph.  After our group  photo opportunity, we will return to Room 115 for a celebration of our classroom.

You will not be allowed in the library to take photos of your child or say hello.  Please stay seated in the lunchroom and be respectful watching the entire grade level get their certificates.  

If you are checking older students out for the program in the lunchroom,  you may want to check them back in to their regular classrooms for the Room 115 Celebration.   It looks like we will have a big crowd in Room 115 and space may become an issue.  A crowded classroom probably will mean a hot classroom so just be patient and enjoy the personalities of Room 115.  Do not send back packs on Friday because of the room setup, our cubbies will be blocked!

For those of you that want to get there early to get a good seat, there is a slideshow that will start at 8:30 for your entertainment.  The slide show is 15 minutes so it will repeat at 8:45 and the show begins at 9:00. 

I have only heard from one family about time constraints.  Let me know if you have a certain time you need to be back at work and I will work around your schedule.

If you are checking your child out after the celebrations, I will need a slip of paper from the office.  I cannot release a child without you going through the proper procedures.  Thanks for understanding.

Last week was a very busy week for birthdays.  We had three real birthdays and one pretend summer birthday. (Remember I will have a summer birthday slideshow in next week's blog posting.)  Check out the boys that had birthdays last week!  I am so lucky that I get to work with such happy young men!
 

This week, we will be finishing up secrets for the celebration, working on subtraction and continuing to read.  I sent out emails on Friday about your child's word wall word assessment. Even though our celebration is Friday. We will still be learning in Room 115 all the way up until June 8!  Contact me with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment