Sunday, June 3, 2012

Near the End

I can't figure out why I've postponed updating the blog this weekend.  It is either because my family's activities made it seem like it was summer or I'm dreading saying goodbye on Friday.  The good news is I forgot my camera at school on Friday so I will post one more time later this week.

Nancy's Italian Ice will be at school tomorrow for $1.00.

Report cards will be issued at 3:00 on Friday.  If your child will not be at school on Friday, please send a stamped self addressed envelope so that I can mail it on Friday.

The big show and the Room 115 celebration was absolutely precious.  Thank you so much for supporting  our classroom.  I thought you might like to see how the family portraits were made. Enjoy.


Now here is a sneak peek with a much better photographer behind the camera.  Mrs. Wright plans to give me a disc of the photos on Tuesday.  I will upload Tuesday night to my Picasa web albums for you to view and grab:  Sneak Peak Photos from the Big Show .   Obviously I like any photo that contains the yellow shirts but my favorite is the last photo of all you guys with your cameras.  (Note:  Once Mrs. Wright saw me taking a photo of you guys, she turned her camera on you guys too...sooooo  technically that photo was my idea!)  Spend a little time and check out Mrs. Wright's photography website at www.ameliawrightphotography.com

The children loved making the puppets.  I loved watching them learn how to manipulate the arm.  Maybe time will stand still and Friday won't come.
 

Back in the fall I had a little bit of trouble with paper airplanes.  I talked with the students and told them the last week of school  we could make paper airplanes.  I forgot about that conversation but two weeks ago, a little voice in the classroom politely reminded me of it.  Since we have dads who are experts on airplanes I've asked for reinforcements this week in helping to make paper airplanes.  We could always use more help so if you are interested in helping Room 115 make paper airplanes on Wednesday afternoon, please contact me by Monday night so that you can get in on the planning.

We are going to have a busy week full of learning.  I am keeping structure in Room 115.  The week will probably go by fast when I want it to slow down.  Like I said last Friday,  this has been a great story and I'm sad for the final chapter to be read.  But I'm so glad I was part of the story. 

Look for one more post later this week.  Thanks so much for loving Room 115!

No comments:

Post a Comment