It was so nice to see everyone back together. It had been over one month since we have had perfect attendance. Our song "The More We Get Together" was very appropriate for our poetry journals. We sang that song all week long and even pulled out the musical instruments in the classroom to accompany the singing. Joyful singing in a very happy classroom!
This week we will be investigating the letter Ii as in "insect in the ink." The word wall words are: when, want, soon, get. Note: Stay on top of word wall word practice at home. The difficulty of words tends to pick up this week for the remainder of the school year. Remember these are words that need to be recognized and read instantly upon sight.
We should test on addition later this week and begin subtraction. November calendar pages never made it into notebooks on Friday so we will try again on Monday.
Look for this alphabet chart in the take home folder on Wednesday. There will be a note attached as to how to use this at home. Your child will know what to do but still read the handout. This does not need to be returned.
Remember that Monday is Italian Ice, library and a new poem for our poetry journals.
Last week we had a visit from Harvey the dog and the Montgomery Humane Society. We learned about the safest way to approach and pet a dog. Room 115 has had several conversations since the beginning of school of how cool it would be if a dog could live in our classroom and spend the day with us.
The school is collecting new 12" bears to give to the Family Sunshine Guidance Center . The collection will last through Friday.
The big news from last week was the installation of our Smart board. I don't believe that technology makes a great classroom but I do believe that if you give an effective teacher technology then instruction can be enhanced. Our Smart board is pretty cool and we've just had it turned on two days. I'm sure you will hear a lot about our Smart board all year long. The room had to be rearranged to accommodate the Smart board so be prepared for change the next time you visit.
I will be out of the classroom all day on Friday. I've secured an excellent substitute so the children won't even know that I'm not there.
Upcoming Dates:
Thursday, December 20: Room 115 Christmas Party, 1:30-2:15 pm
Friday, Decemb3er 21: Kindergarten watches the Polar Express (wear pajamas)
Monday, December 24-Wednesday, January 2: NO SCHOOL
Thursday, January 3: School is in session
Contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I hope you can make plans to attend our Christmas Party on December 20! We are a fun group to hang out with. Thanks so much for supporting our classroom!
This week we will be investigating the letter Ii as in "insect in the ink." The word wall words are: when, want, soon, get. Note: Stay on top of word wall word practice at home. The difficulty of words tends to pick up this week for the remainder of the school year. Remember these are words that need to be recognized and read instantly upon sight.
We should test on addition later this week and begin subtraction. November calendar pages never made it into notebooks on Friday so we will try again on Monday.
Look for this alphabet chart in the take home folder on Wednesday. There will be a note attached as to how to use this at home. Your child will know what to do but still read the handout. This does not need to be returned.
Remember that Monday is Italian Ice, library and a new poem for our poetry journals.
Last week we had a visit from Harvey the dog and the Montgomery Humane Society. We learned about the safest way to approach and pet a dog. Room 115 has had several conversations since the beginning of school of how cool it would be if a dog could live in our classroom and spend the day with us.
The school is collecting new 12" bears to give to the Family Sunshine Guidance Center . The collection will last through Friday.
The big news from last week was the installation of our Smart board. I don't believe that technology makes a great classroom but I do believe that if you give an effective teacher technology then instruction can be enhanced. Our Smart board is pretty cool and we've just had it turned on two days. I'm sure you will hear a lot about our Smart board all year long. The room had to be rearranged to accommodate the Smart board so be prepared for change the next time you visit.
I will be out of the classroom all day on Friday. I've secured an excellent substitute so the children won't even know that I'm not there.
Upcoming Dates:
Thursday, December 20: Room 115 Christmas Party, 1:30-2:15 pm
Friday, Decemb3er 21: Kindergarten watches the Polar Express (wear pajamas)
Monday, December 24-Wednesday, January 2: NO SCHOOL
Thursday, January 3: School is in session
Contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I hope you can make plans to attend our Christmas Party on December 20! We are a fun group to hang out with. Thanks so much for supporting our classroom!

No comments:
Post a Comment