Anyways, what a bunch of sunshine I get to work with everyday! I'm so thankful for each and everyone of them. Our poetry journal last week was full of rain and sunshine just like the month of April. Several of the students shared that their parents sing that song to them. I hope the song was sung several times at your house this weekend. Return poetry journals on Monday for a new poem. Not to be too much of a tease, but mothers are really going to like the poem this week! In fact dads will probably agree with it too because they love our moms!
Monday is Italian Ice for $1.00. Monday is also library day. I will be updating AR reading zones tomorrow. Even though your child will increase in reading level, he/she can always drop back to down to the Kindergarten level books to check out at any time. Try and have a goal of your child taking two AR tests a week from here to the end of school.
The book that Special Person #17's mom read to our class was very informative and allowed for many new discoveries and conversations! Love, love this young man and the joy he brings to Room 114. Check out his special week here!
I sent an email out last Wednesday about how Coach Grant is using volunteers for field day. Let me know if you can help out our class at field day.
In reading we are going to be working on the letters Jj and Ww. The high frequency words are: yellow, blue, green.
In math, we are counting numbers to 100. Everyday a number is called out and the students have to find that number and the number that is one less and one greater. You can try that at home, even during the summer. I have a couple of math games that I would like the children to play this week but I need a parent volunteer to assist. Let me know if you want to play math games with a small group of children this Tuesday or Thursday starting at 12:15-1:30. Last week, we spent a lot of time counting to 100 by ones and by groups of tens. Counting to 100 is much quicker if you do it by 10's. Check out our counting to 100 fun ! (click on the left)
Friday is our Spring Egg Hunt. If you volunteered to help, please be at the school at 11:20. The egg hunt will begin at 11:30. If you haven't contacted me that you want to help, it is not too late and you are needed so come on and join us. Please send filled eggs to school by Thursday. Don't forget to underscore the 6 and 9 eggs. NO BASKETS ARE NEEDED.
I had to laugh Thursday and Friday (at this point that is all that we can do) because of a strong sense of tea tree oil that seemed to permeate our classroom. I never knew the smell of tea tree oil until this year. Nurse Morgan praised the status of our class last week so keep doing those head checks quite frequently at home between now and the last day of school.
Recently the children discovered the joy found in inexpensive play microphones. It is amazing the confidence that blooms when a microphone is handy and you think no one is looking. I encourage you to purchase one or two microphones for your family (even mom and dad can join in the imagination that a microphone unfolds!). Happy talking/singing/interviewing/imitating the intercom fun in your world!
Contact me with any questions or concerns!
Upcoming dates:
Monday, April 14: PTA meeting at 6:00
Thursday, April 17: Turn in eggs for tomorrow's spring egg hunt
Friday, April 18 will be Room 114's Spring Egg Hunt @ 11:30.
Thursday, April 24 is Field Day for grades K-3.
Thursday, May 1 is Kindergarten's all day field trip to the zoo.
Friday, May 2 is our final Crafternoon at 1:30 (1:00 is set up)
Friday, May 23 is the Kindergarten Celebration in the lunchroom at 9:00 AM. We will have a celebration of Room 114 immediately following the Kindergarten Celebration. You should be able to be back at work by 11:00 AM.
Thursday, May 29 is the last day of school for students.
No comments:
Post a Comment