This week in reading we will be reviewing the vowels and consonant letters of the alphabet. We will also be working with word wall words. In math, we will be acting out subtraction stories. Even though the calendar says May the learning continues all the way up until the last day of school. Please encourage best behavior and hard working attitudes in your child.
Monday is the final day for placing an order for our classroom scrapbook. Please let me know if you need extra time to make the payment.
We will have a pep rally on Wednesday to kick off the Boosterthon. Please read the letter from the PTA president that can be found in last week's blog entry for more information about the Boosterthon.
Our class will have our final DIBELS assessment on Tuesday.
Last week was a very busy week full of excitement and fun. The zoo field trip was perfect as we had the zoo basically to ourselves, the temperature was cool, the animals were active and the children were excited and well behaved. Thanks to the many parents that went and helped me. I appreciate your support of our classroom.
Field day was busy and fun. There were several comments about it being the best day of school. By far the favorites from field day were: Tug of War, cotton candy and the popsicles! Our class had a fantastic turnout of parents working the games. Thank you so much for supporting the school.
I'm updating the blog a little bit later than usual but I've been watching the news. Exciting news is breaking as I type. What a wave of emotions this week has brought with the destruction in North Alabama to the news of Bin Laden's death. The older I get the tighter I want to hold my children and the more I want to be surrounded by family and friends. A wave of emotions will hit me tomorrow as we update our calendar to the month of May. The children know they can talk about summer amongst each other but in front of me we pretend it is October and school is just getting started! Hang on tight because I know May is going to speed quickly by. Email me with any questions or concerns.
Monday is the final day for placing an order for our classroom scrapbook. Please let me know if you need extra time to make the payment.
We will have a pep rally on Wednesday to kick off the Boosterthon. Please read the letter from the PTA president that can be found in last week's blog entry for more information about the Boosterthon.
Our class will have our final DIBELS assessment on Tuesday.
Last week was a very busy week full of excitement and fun. The zoo field trip was perfect as we had the zoo basically to ourselves, the temperature was cool, the animals were active and the children were excited and well behaved. Thanks to the many parents that went and helped me. I appreciate your support of our classroom.
Field day was busy and fun. There were several comments about it being the best day of school. By far the favorites from field day were: Tug of War, cotton candy and the popsicles! Our class had a fantastic turnout of parents working the games. Thank you so much for supporting the school.
I'm updating the blog a little bit later than usual but I've been watching the news. Exciting news is breaking as I type. What a wave of emotions this week has brought with the destruction in North Alabama to the news of Bin Laden's death. The older I get the tighter I want to hold my children and the more I want to be surrounded by family and friends. A wave of emotions will hit me tomorrow as we update our calendar to the month of May. The children know they can talk about summer amongst each other but in front of me we pretend it is October and school is just getting started! Hang on tight because I know May is going to speed quickly by. Email me with any questions or concerns.
No comments:
Post a Comment