We had so much fun completing our Mother's Day books for our moms. We had even more fun wrapping those books up for you. Give your child empty boxes, a roll of tape, a roll of wrapping paper and you have at least 15 minutes of peace to accomplish a task. Not to mention, wrapping presents is an excellent fine motor activity for young children. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend full of sweet memories with your children.
Even though the end is noticeable on our class calendar, the learning doesn't stop. We will be working straight up to the last day of school. Be sure to check folders nightly and continue to read for 20 minutes a night.
There will be no poetry notebooks this week. Look for our last poem next Friday. I hope you enjoyed the mental image activity from last week.
Spirit Night at Jason's Deli is this Tuesday. A flier went home in Friday's folder.
Library books are due this Friday. Let's take a lot of AR tests this week.
The official invitation for the Kindergarten program will go home on Wednesday. Be sure to read the attached note about a special reception in our classroom immediately following the awards program. The K end of the year program is Thursday, May 19 at 9:00.
The DIBELS scores for Room 115 were outstanding. I will be sending your child's scores home either Monday or Tuesday. Look for them in the folder.
The Booster-thon Fun Run is this Friday at 8:30 for Kindergarten. Please join us and cheer on the "Mighty McDevitt Moonwalkers." With the puzzling way Alabama funds education, the poor economy and the population of our school has resulted in the PTA to support Blount financially. The state of Alabama has not given out teacher allocations for supplies/materials/curriculum for the past two years. The Blount PTA is supporting the teachers. Your support of the fun run supports the PTA. The pep rally last Wednesday was top notch, I can only imagine how impressive the actual fun run will be. I hope to see you there! Thank you for supporting the PTA!
Thank you so much for all the notes/sweet treats/gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week. Official thank you notes will be coming but please know I felt extremely appreciated. You are too kind! I put all the letters together from the homework assignment and came up with the answer of "Mrs. McDevitt cares". I do care very much for your child. Thank you for your trust!
Email me with any questions or concerns.
Even though the end is noticeable on our class calendar, the learning doesn't stop. We will be working straight up to the last day of school. Be sure to check folders nightly and continue to read for 20 minutes a night.
There will be no poetry notebooks this week. Look for our last poem next Friday. I hope you enjoyed the mental image activity from last week.
Spirit Night at Jason's Deli is this Tuesday. A flier went home in Friday's folder.
Library books are due this Friday. Let's take a lot of AR tests this week.
The official invitation for the Kindergarten program will go home on Wednesday. Be sure to read the attached note about a special reception in our classroom immediately following the awards program. The K end of the year program is Thursday, May 19 at 9:00.
The DIBELS scores for Room 115 were outstanding. I will be sending your child's scores home either Monday or Tuesday. Look for them in the folder.
The Booster-thon Fun Run is this Friday at 8:30 for Kindergarten. Please join us and cheer on the "Mighty McDevitt Moonwalkers." With the puzzling way Alabama funds education, the poor economy and the population of our school has resulted in the PTA to support Blount financially. The state of Alabama has not given out teacher allocations for supplies/materials/curriculum for the past two years. The Blount PTA is supporting the teachers. Your support of the fun run supports the PTA. The pep rally last Wednesday was top notch, I can only imagine how impressive the actual fun run will be. I hope to see you there! Thank you for supporting the PTA!
Thank you so much for all the notes/sweet treats/gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week. Official thank you notes will be coming but please know I felt extremely appreciated. You are too kind! I put all the letters together from the homework assignment and came up with the answer of "Mrs. McDevitt cares". I do care very much for your child. Thank you for your trust!
Email me with any questions or concerns.


No comments:
Post a Comment