Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ending the Year with a Fun Run



Friday had to be one of the best ways to end school.  What a sight to see so many children running for two miles.  The Mighty McDevitt Moonwalkers did a terrific job.  They certainly had a lot of endurance.  Start collecting your pledges.  Checks are made payable to Blount PTA and are 100% tax deductible.  If we collect 100% of the pledges, our school will make over $22,000.  Pledge money is due on Friday, May 20th.  Thank you so much for supporting our school.

Remember that we earned a no uniform day with our number of pledges.  Uniforms do not have to be worn on Monday, May 16.

Our last poem for our poetry journal will come home this week.  Poetry journals will come on Friday and do not need to be returned to school.

Thursday is the day of the big show!  The Kindergarten program will begin at 9:00.  There is a slide show that will start around 8:30.  I've watched the slide show several times and I tear up so I'm just giving you a warning!  After the program, please join us in Room 115 for a small reception and some special surprises.  It is going to be crowded in our classroom so just enjoy the fact that so many people love and support Room 115 and ignore the cramped quarters!   Remember to dress your child in our yellow field trip t-shirt (the one WITHOUT the cloud on the back) and khaki shorts, pants or skorts.  If you are checking your child out on Thursday, do so like on party days.  Hold onto that slip of paper and give to me once back in the classroom for our reception. 

I'm assessing word wall words on Tuesday. 

I wish these next nine school days would slow down. Email me with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment